A support blog for sharing and exchanging our troubles with the A's while traveling the long road of hope and recovery.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Read this story

In my quest to write my first infomative story what I found instead was a link that almost had me crying. While this girl was much younger then me, I understood exactly what she felt, and me, the girl who has been anorexic for six years, battled bulimia and alcoholism in between, was shocked.

The parents of this young girl managed to explain to the detail the "demon" that exists along with an eating disorder. According to the mother she is in recovery now, and I hope for the best for the rest of her life. I think the hardest part of suffering from an eating disorder sometimes is reading about others, because you want to reach out and do so much, but in reality there is little you can do. Of course, my personality fits right into the eating disorder category, if there really is one so this should not be surprising.

Still I encourage you to visit this story. For those wishing to understand anorexia, I think this mother has it down to the tee. For those in recovery, I think it is inspiring. And for those of you fighting the battle it gives hope.

http://www-news.uchicago.edu/citations/06/061126.legrange-nyt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment